I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Availability (or lack of) of Pac Bay Tradition
Posted by: Chris Girgis (206.54.200.---)
Date: November 04, 2004 08:11PM

It seems that the Tradition fly rod blank by Pac Bay seems to be hard to come by. I am now on backorder with my 3rd vendor for this blank (each was/has been about 2 months) and am patiently waiting.

In talking with each of the vendors, they all say that this is still a popular blank but I am curious if the issue lies more with the manufacturer or suppliers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Availability (or lack of) of Pac Bay Tradition
Posted by: William Colby (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: November 04, 2004 09:06PM

Maybe discontinued in favor of whatever new series they are bringing out in 2005? Just a guess.

Posted by: Scott Melton (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 04, 2004 09:24PM

Hi which blank are you looking for? we may have it. As mentioned the Traditional line of blanks is being revamped so all 2004 models are being blown out.
Scott Melton
Rod-Blanks.com
@BlackBear Pontoons Inc. Co
206-372-9998

Posted by: Chris Girgis (206.54.200.---)
Date: November 04, 2004 10:40PM

I'm looking for the TRF-8654. The 4pc 8'6" 5wt blank. I've actually been trying to get this blank at various times throughout the year and the first time was back in January.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: November 05, 2004 07:32AM

Try Ron at Schneider's Rod Shop, think he just got some fly blanks in

Posted by: Scott Melton (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 05, 2004 10:31AM

As of Mon. Pacific Bay had 28 865-4 of these left in stock I would hurry these blanks as well as all the plum color blanks are going fast.
If you need one we could get one there with in a week or less.
Scott Melton
Rod-Blanks.com
@BlackBear Pontoons Inc. Co
206-372-9998

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster