I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Dryer motors
Posted by: Pete (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 24, 2001 10:19PM

Some time ago I remember seeing a drying motor that ran on D size batteries instead of AC power. I thought this was a commercial unit and may have seen it in a fly fishing magazine. Does anyone know of this unit? I thought maybe it was called a T&D or T&T rod turner. Can't remember. Can someone help? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dryer motors
Posted by: Tom Loucks (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 24, 2001 11:31PM

The one I first purchased is called " Gaucho".It is about 17 years old and I still have it. It operates off of 1 D battery and spins at about 6 R.P.M. The unit comes with a chuck,a base and a stand for the opposite end of the rod.I recall it was about 20-25 dollars and purchased it at Fishermans Spot in Sherman Oaks Calif. I hope this helps. Tom

Posted by: john bratton (---.eugene1.or.home.com)
Date: July 24, 2001 11:39PM

hello Pete you can use them for jigs or rod turning.i have one that i got for drying jigs.i got mine from Cabela's i looked in thear new catalog i could not find it listed.the one i have uses a 6 volt lantern batteries works good for rod turning regards John

Posted by: George Thurston (---.sanangelo-01rs13-14rt.tx.dial-access.att.net)
Date: July 25, 2001 02:28AM

Pete,
Check with someone that offers Flex-Coat supples they have a Cordless Finishing Moto 7 rpm. That runs on a 6 volt battey part number BR7, They also have a model for Fly & Jig turning part number BF7 App cost is BF7 $69.00, BR7 $69.00 retail price. They both look the same except for the jig one has a different face to hold jig verses rods.
Hope that this helps.

George Thurston
West Texas Twister Rods

Posted by: Matt Davis (206.8.166.---)
Date: July 25, 2001 07:02AM

[www.nuwavetackle.com]

These guys have some battery powered stuff. Not sure of voltage. I just remember that they have battery powered motors.

Posted by: John Bumstead (---.lnh.md.webcache.rcn.net)
Date: July 25, 2001 08:31AM

Pete: In the Angler's Workshop 2001-2002 catalog, they offer a cordless finishing motor on page 92. It is made by Flex-Coat, turns at 7 RPM, and is powered by a 6 volt battery. The stock # is BR7. John

Posted by: Dave Boyle (203.41.122.---)
Date: July 25, 2001 10:56PM

Pete,
Over here (Australia) some retail stores sell rotissary motors which are used on portable gas barbecues. They use a single "D" cell and are perfect for drying.

regards
Dave Boyle

Posted by: Mark Crouse (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 14, 2001 10:40PM

You should find a motor with the Rpm above 7 I use 18 Rpm drying motor it will distribute your coating better, Anglers Workshop will help you with any Question you got.
Mark Crouse

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster