I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

New Rodmaker Magazine
Posted by: Will Parham (---.nationwide.com)
Date: February 12, 2002 10:00AM

Tom, I got my copy yesterday and the new heavy paper cover worked great. The magazine was in perfect shape. Great new look too! I read the whole thing last night and actually used one of the tips last night. What a valuable resource for custom builders. Thanks for all of your efforts!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Rodmaker Magazine
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: February 12, 2002 10:07AM

Glad to hear it. I got mine and it, too, was in good shape. But I have had a few report that all they got was a cover!

I knew this issue would delight some and bore others. But I get so many tips from so many rod builders I thought it was time to do something with them. Thus, an All-Tips issue. (Well, nearly all - still have the usual columns and a few other articles.)

The magazine will be improved and expanded even more as we get further into the new year.

SHHHHH!!!
Posted by: William Vivona (---.dynamic.ziplink.net)
Date: February 12, 2002 02:26PM

Will - you're gonna make people jealous now that you've let the cat out of the bag. Definitely an interesting issue, and the new cover looks sharp.

Re: SHHHHH!!!
Posted by: Coach Bagby (---.gnt.com)
Date: February 12, 2002 05:49PM

As usual, I will get mine last. Snail Mail at its best. dadgumit!

Posted by: Capt. Bill Hobbs (---.tampabay.rr.com)
Date: February 12, 2002 06:39PM

Coach, It always takes awhile for mail to trickle down south to the "Sunshine State". Must be all that chilly weather. BRRRRRRR!

Posted by: Paul Blanch (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 12, 2002 08:46PM

Tom:

Got the issue today. Cover did the job, and as always ,a great issue. Keep up the great work.

Posted by: Eric Young (---.intervoice-brite.com)
Date: February 12, 2002 10:08PM

Wow, I actually got mine today also, and it was in good shape. I'm usually one of the last to get mine also. Hang in there Coach Bagby, I'm in Daytona so they shouldn't have much further to trickle down. Unless mine came to town with all the NASCAR boys straight from NC.

Great Job again Tom!! Good idea to have a "mostly" tips edition.

Eric

Posted by: Jim Reed (---.woh.rr.com)
Date: February 13, 2002 04:20AM

I'm in Ohio, didn't get mine yet. It's a conspiracy

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: February 13, 2002 08:58AM

The scheduled delivery date is February 28th. Seems the postal service is to be congratulated for getting so many delivered early this time!

I just hope everyone receives a magazine and not just a false cover.

Posted by: Richard Beeson (---.tnt1.salem.or.da.uu.net)
Date: February 13, 2002 10:49PM

got my magazine today and in good shape too. I'm out here on the left coast in Orygun, postal service out did it's self!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster