I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

How is the LS supreme rod finish
Posted by: Don Kelly (---.cust.oldcity.dca.net)
Date: February 09, 2002 06:25PM

Your opinions welcome!
How is the LS supreme rod finish? How big is the room for error in mixing it.
Thanx in advance
~Don~ <°)>}}}}><

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How is the LS supreme rod finish
Posted by: William Colby (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 09, 2002 08:03PM

No room for error in mixing just like all the epoxy wrap coatings. But it works really well, has a very long pot life and releases bubbles quite well on its own. Very clear too.

Posted by: Dave Patterson (---.CDRP.splitrock.net)
Date: February 09, 2002 09:34PM

I only have a few rods under my belt. Started with flexcoat and went to LS Supreme. Even though I have only done a few I do a lot of practice on old blanks. LS is very clear and always sets up well and pot life is extended but flexcoat must fit my style better as I have went back to flexcoat with better results. I am sure it is just in how I apply but I do seem to be able to get bubbles out with a straw better and flexcoat levels better for me on butt wraps DP

Posted by: Don Kelly (---.lebnon01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 09, 2002 10:27PM

what is the price difference between the Flexcoat and the LS supreme

Posted by: Tom Wolfe (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 11, 2002 12:43PM

Don,

We have switched to LS & love it. I would not reccomend it for high speed motors. Its thinner than Flex-Coat and will ride up the guides if you use a fast dryer and applly too thick! The clearness is superb, have not found anything clearer. You can see the prices on our site, click Last Cast link to the left or go to,

www.customrodbuilders.com

Tom W.

Posted by: Quintin George (63.90.161.---)
Date: February 11, 2002 03:22PM

Tom,
You mentioned using a slower rpm with LS Supreme.
What rpm works best for you?
Thanks in advance

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster