I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2015 EXPO!
Common Cents Info
Int. Custom Rod Symbol
RM Library Program
All American Guides
American Tackle
Angler’s Envy
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
Anglers Workshop
BatsonRainshadowALPS
Best Rods Center Poland
Bingham Enterprises
BLAF coming soon
Blue Collar Sports
Cork 4U
CTS Fly Rod Blanks
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Custom Labeling System
Custom Rod Handles
DBlue Fishing
DC Tackle
Decal Connection
Dons Tackle
DONART
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
Hook & Hackle
HYDRA
Mickels Custom Rods
Midwest Rod & Reel
Mud Hole Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Pacific Bay
ProProducts
Reelseatblanks.com
Renzetti Inc.
Riley Rods
Rodbuilder Supplies
RodDancer
Rodgeeks
RodMaker Magazine
RodMaker Magazine Blog
Schneiders Rod Shop
St Croix Rods
Sunrise Tackle
Swampland
Tackleworks
The Rod Room
The RodWorks
Trondak U-40
Utmost Enterprises
VisualWRAP/VisualWEAVE
ZipCast

Lightest most sensitive blanks?
Posted by: Tony Papazian (---.sanjose-01-02rs16rt.ca.dial-access.att.net)
Date: December 15, 2002 11:46AM

Which blank manufacture makes bass blanks that are lightest & most sensitive blanks?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lightest most sensitive blanks?
Posted by: MaryLouVandeRiet (---.mesh.net)
Date: December 15, 2002 12:29PM

Tony.........
I have used the AllStar Titanium Bass fishing rods for the last three years.
I have both worm and spinnerbait rods, and found them to be the lightest and most sensitive of all my Bass fishing rods.
I did not build them, as I bought them, before I started to build my own fishing rods.
You might want to talk to Sharon Johnson at the AllStar Rod Co.

Mary Lou

Posted by: Tomari Custom Rods and Tackle (---.nash01.tn.comcast.net)
Date: December 15, 2002 05:00PM

Weight is a subject of much discussion. Personally,I always weigh my blanks before,during and after the building process.I use the Pitney Bowes Digital scale model#G799. Expensive but very accurate.I have the weights for a variety of blanks and componets if anyone wants these.
Tom
Tomari Custom Rods and Tackle

Posted by: Andre Egli (---.224-203-24.hull.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: December 15, 2002 11:13PM

Tom, I'd personally be very interested in your data and I suspect many other forum members would. Why don't you go ahead and post it? While the very concept of sensitivity is open to debate, weight is weight! Thanks.

Posted by: Tony Hill (---.068.popsite.net)
Date: December 16, 2002 07:26AM

Really, weight to power (or stiffness) is the real measure.

One 7' blank may weigh half of another, but if it is a #4 fly blank compared to a 40# Muskie blank, it does you no good.

I have been very pleased with Rogue, Loomis, and the Titanium blanks. But there are many other blanks that have favorable weight to power ratios.

You can always pay the $$$ for Loomis GLX...

Posted by: Mike Naylor (---.state.md.us)
Date: December 16, 2002 08:27AM

Having some represenative blank and component weights listed on this site somewhere would be a fantastic resource. One could never do everything, but maybe a ring size 25 high frame of several makes, 6' 2-6 lb graphite blank of several makes, etc. How much less do Fuji titanium guides weigh vs. Fuji Alconite, or Pac Bay? That kind of thing is a real pain to track down.

Please send your list to me please Tom...

Posted by: stan mclean (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: December 17, 2002 11:23AM

i like st. croix legend elite blanks, they are the lightest i've found. they put their blank weights are right on the website, a lot of other blank manufactors don't. i know weight isn't the only issue in sensitivity. i don't think loomis sells their glx blanks to us lowly rod builders. i think you would like the LE blank. good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.