I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

? for Calstar experts
Posted by: John Trella (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: July 08, 2007 12:56AM

Curious, if anyone knows why there is a 20% or so increase in price on the GF765m blank as opposed to others in that line?

Example,
GF765ML = $105.12
GF765M = $126.29
GF765H = $105.12

Prices were taken from a sponsors web page. Others have had similar pricing.

Thanks, JOHN

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ? for Calstar experts
Posted by: Steve Edmondson (---.187-72.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: July 08, 2007 09:15AM

Because it is a heavier rod. Look at the other lines and you will notice the same trend.

-Steve

Tampa, FL

Date: July 08, 2007 11:51AM

Steve,

Thanks for the responding.

Your saying the GF765M (40-100) is a heavier then the GF765H (50-130) ?

Also, the other lines (GF7465,GF760, etc...) do not have that price imbalance.

-JOHN

Posted by: Steve Edmondson (---.187-72.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: July 08, 2007 12:22PM

no idea then. But, there are some price differences in general when heavier OR faster...

-Steve

Tampa, FL

Posted by: Mark Griffin (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: July 08, 2007 12:40PM

I'll have to look when I get to the shop tomorrow because we don't have the GF765M on our site, but I know we have it in stock. That makes me think that it's a new(er) addition to the line and often times what happens is when Leon adds a blank, he bases the price on CURRENT costs, which may not be in line with what's already in the price sheet. I'd be willing to bet that's the case here, but I'll try an confirm for you Monday.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Date: July 08, 2007 03:32PM

Mark,
Thank You.

-JOHN

Posted by: Steve Edmondson (---.127-70.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: July 09, 2007 01:28PM

Mark,
When you do find out please post what you find. In looking more into it, I too am curious.

-Steve

Tampa, FL

Date: July 09, 2007 03:42PM

Well, that wasn't what I expected. Here's the deal... The other two prices you threw out there haven't been adjusted (up) since Calstar's last price increase. The 765M had. A GF765M should CURRENTLY be a couple of bucks less than a GF765H. The 765M price is correct, so I guess the upshot is get you're 765H's while they're hot. lol

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Posted by: Billy Vivona (160.254.20.---)
Date: July 09, 2007 03:58PM

Watch, this price increase is goign to end up affecting all graphte blanks from all companies as the proce of graphite has shot up tremendously, from what I"ve heard. I could be wrong though.

Date: July 09, 2007 04:26PM

Billy,
I can't imagine your wrong? I've been waiting for that to happen with glass as well.

Mark,
That puts the GF765's priced with the Super Seekers. Since u may have knowledge of both, If u wouldn't mind, how would you compare the GF765M to the SS-CJBF65XH?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Date: July 09, 2007 04:48PM

The 765M is more comparable to the SS-CTSF63XXH in line class, which is $10 more, 3" shorter and about six ounces heavier. The CJBF65XH is closer in line class and action to the GF765ML, and again, the Grafighter is about 5-6oz lighter, smaller in diameter, etc... The 765ML is a little bit softer up front, but shuts down in almost the exact same area as the SS. The same goes for the 765M VS the 63XXH.

Mark Griffin
[]
C&M Custom Tackle
San Dimas, California

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster